I made a throwaway for this because it is super embarrassing and I don’t want it to be on my main account. Anyway, I’ve been wondering if I’m being catfished by this girl I’ve been talking to, and I’m hoping that y’all could help me determine that. To give a little background, this girl DMed me on Instagram in June saying that she liked my posts after following me for a little while, and eventually we got to know each other a little better and she said that she was quite into me. However, I’ve been having doubts on whether she’s even a real person or not, so I’m going to list out roughly what I believe points to her being legitimate and what could potentially make her a catfish.
Not a catfish:
– She has sent me approximately 25 different pictures of herself over Snapchat. I feel like this could be strong evidence because she has a lot of unique pictures, and I couldn’t find them on reverse image search either.
– She also has a Boomerang on her Instagram, and posts new pictures on her story frequently.
– She has somewhat of a coherent backstory; she has told me a lot of stuff about her background, and none of it seemed contradictory or outlandish.
– She has the college she’s currently attending and the university she is transferring to in her bio, and her Instagram has posts with her friends in them, and the exchanges she has with them in the comment section seem genuine.
– A few days ago, she tried to video call me over Snapchat when I was about to fall asleep. I really should’ve picked it up, because if I did I wouldn’t be writing this post right now.
– She doesn’t want to send a selfie of herself in the moment or FaceTime me, and she always gives a host of reasons why she doesn’t want to.
– I’ve Googled her name and the names of several of her friends that appear in her Instagram posts, and I have found absolutely nothing about any of them. Furthermore, two of her friends have last names that literally do not exist in the US. Perhaps they are all using fake names, but I don’t have any way to know this.
– I questioned her about this a few weeks ago, and she got extremely angry at me while refusing my requests to ask for simple proof of her existence (I asked her to send me a selfie of her or to FaceTime me).
– She claimed that she didn’t want to give me her phone number because she doesn’t really text people – I think that it is highly unlikely that she has a phone but no phone number.
Overall, I think is quite possible that she is a catfish, even though it hurts me to admit that. If I had to guess, I think an ex or someone who knows the real girl in the pictures is behind the whole thing. However, I still want to believe that she isn’t, and there is some evidence that she could indeed be real. If you read this far, thank you.
Edit: She blocked me on Instagram after I questioned her about this.
0 votes and 2 comments so far on Reddit
Published at Mon, 13 Sep 2021 03:34:09 GMT